Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yikes. . .Bikes?

I know, dumb little play on words, but, yeah. I'm sitting here at work trying not to think about the bike ride HOME. I rode my bike to work today, which was a very nice, gentle 15 minute ride, but stumpy didn't like it very much. I was sweating and such, but I didn't do my hair this morning after my shower because of that fact, what's the point ya know? (No I didn't have helmet hair either!) Man, I can't wait until ALL of my hair fits in a ponytail holder, 2 layers left to grow longer.

Anyway, I got this brilliant idea that I could save moolah by riding my bike AND make myself exercise. . .Basically I thought, hey I was a missionary and rode my bike EVERYWHERE. . .I'll just start doing it again. Only this time it is more like self deprivation. . .I have a car and UNLIMITED miles. . .yet what am I doing? Riding my bike because I have limited funds. . .not really limited funds, more like I would rather spend money on something else other than gasoline! We'll see how long this lasts.

4 comments:

Cupcake said...

I think the ultimate goal in this is to lose weight. . . thats how I did it on the mish.

steph k said...

I vote a week. hee hee

it's suppose to be 100 next week!

stewbert said...

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa ... Bike riding??? Voluntarily? IN the HEAT??? AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa ...

No seriously, good luck. Hope you're able to keep it up. I probably would've given up and called someone to come get me -- too durn hot.

Cupcake said...

Don't worry I haven't been because of the heat. . .I don't want to die. I have been thinking of taking the bus. . .it is still a HOT option