Saturday, August 04, 2007

Who's Favorite Dessert Looks Like THAT?!



When I went to the doctor the other day it was the Endocrinologist in the same office as my Neurologist. Dr. Princess is (or rather WAS) my Endo and was the one who ordered the MRI I just had. However, he quit. He left his practice to Dr. NYB. She didn't fluff her hair like Princess or anything that stupid... but she also didn't want to look at the MRI (which was expensive!). At all.

She said to take it to some other doctor. Because of the Lesions and stuff we WILL take it to the Neurologist but the reason to have it NOW instead of in a few months when the neurologist wanted it was to check my pituitary for THIS doctor. Grrr. ANYWAY, all she talked about was my Diabetes and losing weight.

Both of these things ARE big issues in my life, OBVIOUSLY. I am going to have to go on insulin, like needles, which I am just sick over. Stuff like that. But the thing about the weight loss that fully was pissing me off was this new doc's assumption (because she does not KNOW me at ALL) about my diet and acting as if the IDEA OF LOSING WEIGHT might NEVER have occurred to me.



Like, SHOCKER, you mean *I* am overweight? I had NO CLUE! And then her ideas.

"You know what you can do? Stop eating candy. Oh, or maybe switch to diet soda?"

She honestly said that. Yes, like I eat CANDY on a regular basis.

And I haven't bought full-sugar Coke in YEARS, and that was long before I was diagnosed diabetic. GOOD GORDON. I am FAT, not a moron.

She recommended I walk 15 minutes a day. I walk at least half an hour a day. At least a mile most days. I also do 45 minutes of water aerobics.

Basically the visit was very frustrating (especially since it was , oh, 10 minutes after reading my break up email with Fresno. BLEH. MAJORLY emotional.). HOWEVER, the one thing she said that was different enough that I may heed is going back to Weight Watchers. Like MEETINGS... the whole shebang.

I actually had pretty good success with Weight Watchers years ago (pre-mission). I just didn't think it would be that helpful now that I have to count carbs too with the glucometer and such. But I DO think it might help. Ans so, well, I might just try it. Because, well, structure is a good thing.

HOWEVER, related to the Weight Watchers thing, well, THIS is HILARIOUS. It's like an edible Threadbared. So freaking funny. And GROSS!

Because if you don't laugh you cry.

A lot.

5 comments:

steph k said...

That's pretty nasty....

That doctor was a idiot... I think you should CALL her Dr. Idiot.

ADDollhouse said...

I might. Right now she is Dr. NYB, though, which while ambiguous really stands for New York Bitch.

Cupcake said...

I HATE doctors who think they know you because of your body type. ASS-U-ME!! I have to hate her too because sounds like a butt load of bull! I thought that NYB was None ya business!

stewbert said...

hahaha ... NYB ... awesome.

No wonder my mother hates WW ...

ADDollhouse said...

Yeah, Weightwatchers before the 90s must have been HELL!