Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weight Loss Revenge

Because I've had to walk everywhere these days, I've lost weight. I don't know how much but I know it's gone. Asked the bf, he's noticed. Didn't just come right out and say it, which would have been nice, but did notice. Anyway, I took some measurements and have noticed that in two months I have lost three inches around my waist, one in the bust and one in the hips. Not too shabby.

At the same time though, I've developed another little problem. I asked my sister (Athletic Trainer) what she thought it might be and she said it sounded to her like a little sciatica issue. Basically, the minute I lay down for bed, my left hip starts to tingle and goes numb. I actually woke up one night in a panic because I couldn't feel my leg. So with all my walking around, I've created some spinal nerve problems. Oh fun.

Anyway, it's not serious enough that I can't help it. I'm doing stretches (when I remember, ha) and sleeping with something between my legs to keep my spine aligned properly and that seems to help. No more front sleeping though, which is kind of hard. I am definitely a stomach sleeper so that's been an adjustment.

But hey, losing weight. And all it took was not having a car!

No comments: