Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Not doing so awesome, but some people are!

1. My diabetes counselor has me on new meds and a new diet.  It should help me lose weight, being on less insulin.  But with my diet being what it is (only broth doesn't hurt), my body is not really on a healthy path.  Basically I am starving myself, though I don't feel like it, so I am not losing even though I eat very few calories.  The thing is, SOMEHOW I have to find something I can eat that is 1. healthy 2. does not cause me a lot of pain.  My diabetes is out of control, and I haven't lost weight in over a year.  And this Gastroparesis is just killing me.  I am on a ton of supplements to make up for my crappy diet.  But it is NOT a good substitute for eating good, normal food.

2. If any of you watch The Biggest Loser, watch next week!  My cousin LeAnn and her awesome Vance are going to be "the white team."  They look so good right now!  We talked to them a little bit about it at the last family party.  CONGRATULATIONS to them!

Go White Team! (Sorry I don't watch the show, I WILL next week!)

4 comments:

steph k said...

There is this powder called Greens to Go that my trainer actually recommends... I wonder if you could eat it!

Hope something works for you!

ADDollhouse said...

Oh oh! I drink that sometimes! I am missing so many vitamins, Greens to Go is a really nice way to get them, though even that hurts my stomach. I suspect it is the citric acid? But I still drink it pretty often. It is less painful on my guts than REAL vegetables which I have been ordered to stop eating, at least for now.

cbeck said...

My friend was having a lot of similar problems and found that a Gluten Free diet was what worked for her. Though it doesn't sound like that would help you much from what you are describing. If you wanted to test if the citric acid is an issue, you could always try taking a few Tums or Rolaids before downing the Greens to Go. If Tums doesn't bother you, that is.

Anyway, sorry for the intrusion. I just stopped by via the "next blog" button. I wish you the best of luck in getting this issue straightened out!

Andi said...

I just randomly stumbled across your blog and am so excited to have found it! I'm on a journey to get myself in shape and lose the excess weight I've carried around for years... it's always great to find other people on the same journey!